Lately the news reports have been filled with talk about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac backed loans. I immediately thought. "How do people really know who owns their loan?"
Heck, I have no clue who owns my loan.
So, I went to Freddie Mac's website and filled out this form just to see if by chance they did.
This is the response I received: It had some very useful information and tips on it for homeowners.
Thank you for contacting Freddie Mac. Our records indicate that Freddie Mac is not the owner of your mortgage. Please try the following:
- Contact Fannie Mae at 800-7Fannie to see if they own your mortgage.
- If you are currently in the foreclosure process, contact your mortgage servicer, the organization to which you make your mortgage payments, as soon as possible. Make sure you ask to speak with someone in your servicer's Loss Mitigation Department.
- Contact the Homeownership Preservation Foundation if you need mortgage assistance at 1-888-995-HOPE. Additional information can be found on their Web site at www.hopenow.com.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development offers helpful information to distressed homeowners. Visit HUD's Web site at www.hud.gov/foreclosure.
- Freddie Mac's Web site contains general information for consumers about avoiding foreclosure and the steps borrowers currently in the foreclosure process should take immediately. Review this information on our Web site at www.FreddieMac.com/avoidforeclosure.
Note: here in Prince William County Virginia the worst may be over. One can only hope! That said, if you are struggling or your loan is about to reset, or you've run into some financial difficulties, just call. We're experience local Realtors and are helping people everyday. Read more about how we can help
Contact Peggy James or Erick Blackwelder of Erick and Company of Exit 1st Choice Realty,14029 Crossing Way, Woodbridge VA 22192.VA. Realtors®, call 703-851-3085(Peggy) or 703-590-2252(Office) to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Lake Ridge, Westridge, Old Bridge Estates, River Falls, Middle County, Manassas, Montclair, Dumfries, Occoquan, Dale City, Gainesville area's
" You would want to hire me as your REALTOR®, if you're looking for a high energy, positive, take charge,knowledgeable person that is passionate about helping you get what you want! "
That's me! I'm easy going, and prefer to communicate by email, text and I use the latest technology to not only to stay in touch with you, but to market homes for sale as well and to negotiate.
Check out the newest listings For Sale right now in our area. Click on the box below!
The area's I service in Virginia are Lake Ridge, Woodbridge, Manassas. If you live outside these area's let's talk. If you have found my information helpful and you like what you see, chances are if I cannot help you, I know another REALTOR® who can.
Tip: when reading any blog post, pay close attention to the date post was written as homes sell quickly. Call author for up to date information.
Do you need help? Have a question? Contact me now
Note: This real estate blog is written by me Peggy James and it is is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion of Exit Choice Realty 14067 Crown Ct, Woodbridge Virginia 22193.
I have been blogging since 2008 and I am a full time REALTOR® .