Common beliefs "First Time Sellers" have when selling their home.
- First time home sellers believe their home will sell in days of listing.
- First time home sellers (many) have no clue what the cost of selling a home will be
- First time home sellers (many) think they get out what they put into the home
- First time home sellers do not realize that going up against a builder is challenging
- First time home sellers are in shock when they are asked to pay buyers closing costs.
- Those who purchased with Free Grant Money Assistance Programs- forgot the disclosure they signed. They agreed to keep the home for (X) amount of years or loan would be due and payable.( review your settlement paperwork for clarification. )
" It is not your fault that you do now know how much it costs to sell a home."
You see a few years ago, all the rules changed on how settlements were handled.
In the old days Buyers and Sellers would meet at the closing table all parties would see exacty what it costs to buy and or sell a home. That all changed with the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. From then on home buyer only got to see their side of the real estate transaction. So it is no wonder many first time sellers just think they can sell whenever they want.
The reality is, selling a home costs money.
There are real estate fee's, transfer taxes, congestion relief taxes,
inspections, and buyer closing costs.
So if you are thinking of moving, selling and buying another home. Call a local Woodbridge Virgiia real estate specialist who knows the real estate market well. I am Peggy James and I have been helping sellers list and sell their homes for decades. I know the area well. Please do not hesitate to call and ask your questions. My job is to offer you solutions to your situation and help you attain your real estate need or goal. It would be my pleasure to put my real estate experience , knowledge and marketing to work for you. Call me direct at 703-851-3085
Search homes for sale in or local Prince William County Virginia area and Eastern Fairfax County near Fort Belvoir Virginia.
"Our Goal is Your Goal!"