Lake Ridge Virginia Real Estate News: Change the look and feel of your home with LED Bright White Bulbs

Change the look and feel of your home with LED Bright White Bulbs

Bright White LED "Daylight" bulbs can change the look and feel of your home with the flip of the wrist and switch!

Keep this in mind if you have other homes in the neighborhood that are on the market at the same time as your home. This is one way you can get your home to stand out above the rest.  A fresh coat of paint and updated light bulbs may be all that is needed to make your home appeal to today's buyers.

Below is a before and after of a owners suite that felt dated. It was a 26 year old home we had listed last year. This home sold in days while others sat unsold for months in the community. Little changes can be the difference between Listing Your Home For Sale and Listing Your Home to Sell. There is a difference.

how to sell your home faster

Even in newer homes, this is a new build. The builders are now using inexpensive warm energy saving light bulbs. But look at the difference if you make the switch to the Daylight LED light bulbs.

What was a dimly lit bath is now a bright room. Both are energy saving light bulbs.

how to sell your home fast

You can buy the bulbs at your local hardware store. Or just count up what you need, go to Amazon and order all of them at once and they show up at your door. In an hour or so you can change the entire look and feel of your home. Go buy one....try it out for yourself.

Thinking of selling your home?  Give me a call and will be happy to swing by and take a look, and help you figure what you need to do to make it market ready. Simply click on this link and I will be happy to come chat with you about your options. What is my home worth and I will be happy to come chat with you about your options.

You may be wondering right now, what questions should I ask a REALTOR. Here is a list of Interview Questions when you meet with a REALTOR

Currently we need more homes to sell. The local Woodbridge, Lake Ridge, Montclair, Dumfries Virginia market is short on inventory. It would be my pleasure to list and market your home and help you get top dollar. That's the goal!  Don't hesitate to simply call me if you need help 703-851-3085.

Peggy James
 My direct #:703-851-3085

Search homes for sale in or local Prince William County Virginia area and Eastern Fairfax County near Fort Belvoir Virginia.

Twins Selling Real Estate

"Our Goal is Your Goal!"

Twins Selling Real Estate EXIT Realty Associates 8998 C Lorton Station Blvd, Lorton Virginia 22079 Equal Housing Opportunity Call 703-851-3085
Comment balloon 27 commentsPeggy James • April 19 2017 11:14PM

Comments

Peggy- I love this idea.  Lighting can play such an important part in making or breaking the looks of a home.  Dim lights make an older room look even older.

Posted by Kathy Streib, Home Stager - Palm Beach County,FL -561-914-6224 (Room Service Home Staging) over 1 year ago

I'm a big fan of LED in my design business and the clear, clean blue light is great in every room - it does change the look because color is clearer! Thank you for the post Peggy!

Posted by Joanna Cohlan, Designing, Decorating & Staging Westchester Homes (Fresh Eyes For Your Home) over 1 year ago

Good morning Peggy James ,

I'm so glad Kathy Streib featured you post in her "Ah-ha" moments for the week. I'm with you..we have changed to LED lights and love the look!

Posted by Dorie Dillard CRS GRI ABR, Serving Buyers & Sellers in NW Austin Real Estate (Coldwell Banker United Realtors® ~ 512.346.1799) over 1 year ago

Great idea and easy solution! You are a natural in front of the camera!

Posted by Sharon Tara, New Hampshire Home Stager (Sharon Tara Transformations) over 1 year ago

Great post! I  can see why Kathy chose it this week! ... have a wonderful weekend!

Posted by Kristin Johnston - REALTOR®, Giving Back With Each Home Sold! (RE/MAX Realty Center ) over 1 year ago

Peggy

I really like LED lights personally. They mke such a hige difference. It's surprising how many homes are so dark, even with lights on. LED lights would be a smart investment for showings for some properties.

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude - Carlsbad (Solutions Real Estate ) over 1 year ago

For years I cursed because our electrical contractor put the kitchen can lights in the wrong spot. They shine on my head, not on the counter tops.

Then I tried the all-in-one LED can lights. The light is so much brighter and spreads so much farther that I have stopped cursing the electrician.

Posted by Marte Cliff, your real estate writer (Marte Cliff Copywriting) over 1 year ago

I should give those a try next time I go out for light bulbs.

Posted by Chris Ann Cleland, Associate Broker, Bristow, VA (Long and Foster REALTORS®, Gainesville, VA) over 1 year ago

Peggy had to come over after MS Kathy Streib featured you!  This is so true - lighten up the paint and the lighting makes a HUGE difference.  Glad to finally meet you in the rain!!

Posted by Anna Banana Kruchten CRB, CRS 602-380-4886, Arizona's Top Banana! (Phoenix Property Shoppe) over 1 year ago

What a clever idea, and yes we have these in our home and they do help not only make the house brighter but reduce the electricity bill as well.

Posted by Nick & Trudy Vandekar, 610-203-4543, Tredyffrin Easttown Realtors, Philly Main Line (Long & Foster Real Estate Inc 610-225-7400) over 1 year ago

It is interesting to see how much brighter those bright white bulbs are.

Posted by Sybil Campbell, REALTOR® ABR, SFR, SRES Williamsburg, Virginia (Long and Foster REALTORS® 5234 Monticello Ave Williamsburg, Virginia) over 1 year ago

This is a wonderful tip for changing the lighting in a home.

Posted by Kat Palmiotti, The House Kat (Grand Lux Realty, Monroe NY, 914-419-0270, kat@thehousekat.com) over 1 year ago

This is an excellent suggestion for prospective home sellers.

Posted by Roy Kelley, Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs (Realty Group Referrals) over 1 year ago

I've been switching out bulbs in my home and everything is LED at 5,000k for a more natural daylight color. I like it a lot!

Posted by Nathan Gesner, Broker / Property Manager (American West Realty & Management) over 1 year ago

Many facets to staging.  Seems to me that every motion picture has a lighting director.  It's that important.

Posted by Mick Michaud, Your Texas Lifestyle is Here! (Distinctly Texas Lifestyle Properties, LLC Office:682/498-3107) over 1 year ago

Switched my entire home from flourescent to led and it looks and feels better!

Posted by faye schubert, technology and marketing specialist (Keller Williams Tri-Lakes Realty ) over 1 year ago

Great idea!!! Love it!

Posted by John M. Acaron, BSME, CMI - Master Home Inspector & Mold Assessor (HOME INSPECTOR USA) over 1 year ago

Hello Peggy  James,  Great information for people to know about.  Keep blogging, almost at 500,000 points.

Posted by Will Hamm, "Where There's a Will, There's a Way!" (Hamm Homes) over 1 year ago

Good afternoon Peggy. Will Hamm advised me to stop by and help push you over the top at 500,000. By the way, just changed my bulbs! Enjoy your day!

Posted by Wayne Martin, Real Estate Broker - Retired (Wayne M Martin) over 1 year ago

Wayne Martin hopefully you love the new look!

Posted by Peggy James, Woodbridge Virginia Area Real Estate Specialist (EXIT Realty Associates) over 1 year ago

Peggy James  Will Hamm suggested to assist you pass 500,000 points. Very good report on the led bright white bulbs.

Posted by John Pusa, Your All Time Realtor With Exceptional Service (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Crest) over 1 year ago

Wow, that looks nice with paiting and the white lights. It really brightened that room up. Congrats on almost being at 500,000 points. I'm sure you will be there in a blink of an eye!

Posted by shirley cicero, Northern Colorado Mountain Homes and Vacant Land (United Country Ponderosa Realty Associates) over 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestion Peggy, that really does make quite a difference in that room.

Posted by Bob Crane, Forestland Experts! 715-204-9671 (Woodland Management Service / Woodland Real Estate, Keller Williams fox cities) over 1 year ago

I totally agree, Peggy!  Here's also to helping you get to that 500K number!!!

Posted by Debe Maxwell, CRS, Charlotte Homes for Sale - Charlotte Neighborhoods (www.AtHomesCharlotte.com | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | (704) 491-3310) over 1 year ago

Peggy James - well, lighting do make a huge difference in how the home shows.

Posted by Praful Thakkar, Andover, MA: Andover Luxury Homes For Sale (LAER Realty Partners) over 1 year ago

Oh yes, lighting makes all the difference. Nice way to get the word out!

Posted by Lawrence "Larry" & Sheila Agranoff. Cell: 631-805-4400, Long Island Condo & Home Sale Specialists (The Top Team @ Charles Rutenberg Realty 255 Executive Dr, Plainview NY 11803) over 1 year ago

Participate