It was April 2016 when I received a call from some homeowners who lived in Woodbridge Virginia.
When I met with them, I learned that they wanted to downsize and buy a smaller main level living home.
It was time, to say goodbye to yard work, and start enjoying the good life of being retired and living in a 55+ community.
Like most homeowners we meet with the task seemed overwhelming and a daunting task.
Patty and I worked with them to formulate a plan that would work for their wants, needs and desires.
- Step #1- in their case was to make a plan and work that plan
- Step #2 -Since they qualified to buy a home and then sell, @Patty Blackwelder the Exclusive Buyers agent on the Twins Selling Real Estate Team took them house-hunting.
- Step #3- Continue to purge and mark the furniture you did not want or need to take.
- Step #4. Once they had their start meeting with the Builder for their new home we could now list their home FOR SALE.
- Step 5. We place a COMING SOON sign in the yard 21 days before they were to go LIVE on the market.
- Step 6- Schedule a professional photo shoot
- Step 7- Now it is time for me to go to work. I am the Listing Specialist on the Twins Selling Real Estate Team. I used SOCIAL MEDIA forums such as Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Groupls, Facebook Boosted (Paid) Post, Craigslist, Military By Owner, Linked-In, Twitter and Email to get the word out. Step 8- Schedule an OPEN HOUSE weekend one.
- Step 9- Schedule an OPEN HOUSE weekend number one
- Step 10- Answer calls and talk the home up to everyone I know in the real estate business
- Step 11-Call Homeowners and tell them the "Online Marketing Worked!" It is time to negotiate an offer.
- Step #12. Negotiate a settlement and then negotiate that the homeowners ( sellers) can remain in their home until their new home is ready around Christmas 2016.
- Step 13. All parties agree!!
- Step 14- Now the tough part...,keeping everything moving forward and coordinating all the moving parts of buying and selling a home.
- Step 15. Settlement was successful with no hiccups.
Step 16. Eight months later ( because they were buying a new home) the sellers sat at closing today and said. We could not have written the script any better if we tried. This was much easier than we thought it would be.
So if you have been dreaming of downsizing and moving into a main level bedroom home, something were you can live on one level. Give us a call. Patty Blackwelder and I have been assisting local Prince William County and Fairfax County Virginia agents for decades. We are full time career REALTORS with over fifty years of real estate experience between us.
Remember "Our Goal is Your Goal!"
Don't hesitate to give us a call 703--851-3085 we will be glad to come sit down with you and help you discover all of your options. No pressure, just solid real estate advice, with your goals in mind.
In the meantime....learn more about us and how we can help. We are the Twins Selling Real Estate
Search homes for sale in or local Prince William County Virginia area and Eastern Fairfax County near Fort Belvoir Virginia.
"Our Goal is Your Goal!"