The Internet is a wonderful place for those who love information and data.
Today's blog is about homes-buyers who feel the need to run spreadsheets.
Google Drive allows you to set up Spread Sheets to your hearts content for FREE.
You are admittedly a "Statistic Junkie."
- Your mind works on overdrive compared to most consumers.
- You can not make a purchase without information in great detail
- You must check, chart and theorize every aspect of your upcoming purchase.
- You adjust for Age, Condition, Location, and Features
- You pride yourself on all the information you are gathering
- You are used to comparing and preparing to negotiate and get the best deal.
- You are uncomfortable if you cannot go through this exercise.
With all that said. You are, who you are. This is how you process. We get it!
Fair warning: You may face several heart breaking setbacks during your house hunting search.
- Because buying a home is not like buying a car. ( unless of course you are buying a brand new tract home where everything is the same)
- Prices, inventory and interest rates can change in the blink of an eye.
- Each home is different, personalized and each sellers has a different need, motivation.
- You can spend every night burning the midnight oil looking at homes you find online that look good to you. Run all your calculations, and then get ready to pull the trigger on one only to learn the buyer who saw the home the same day as you bought it three days ago.
- You must do drive by's on homes you choose before you can really crunch the numbers.You could have the best priced home per square footage that looks great online. Only to learn when you drive by, the house has five barking dogs next door .(The house may be perfect but your lifestyle could suffer)
- Over the years, I have seen Spread Sheet Junkie buyers go through the pain of loss so many times. Becoming so frustrated that they go through many agents blaming them because they felt the REALTOR didn't tell them the market was fast, or that they needed to act quicker or that they were upset because they felt pressured to make a decision.
It's not your fault. It's how you think.
Unfortunately the message you receive will always be the same. "The real estate market doesn't care."
Chances are by the time you get from behind the computer and take a drive you will be seeing SOLD Signs in the rear view mirror.
The real estate market is very much like the Stock Market. Say you want to buy shares of stock. After a great deal of research you are comfortable with a price. You hesitate and the price goes up. You are now mad and cannot afford or are unwilling to pay the price.
That's how the real estate market is. He who hesitates, crunches the numbers,vacillates, ponders, sleeps on it, looses to the buyer who is laser focused on their need, the lifestyle they want and the location. The Purchased the home you wanted and needed. OUCH!
My advice for anyone who is a "Statistical Junkie" and you are hoping to buy a home in 2015 before the interest rates increase. Align yourself with a local real estate specialist who has a proven track record of helping people successfully buy homes. Try to wrap your brain around the fact that a good REALTOR can be your best advocate. Help you negotiate the terms you need for the home that best fits the way you live, your budget and your needs. Isn't that what really matters?
If you need help, please reach out to us. Remember our goal is your goal. My number is 703-851-3085. Don't hesitate to pick and let's talk about your options.
Search homes for sale in or local Prince William County Virginia area and Eastern Fairfax County near Fort Belvoir Virginia.
"Our Goal is Your Goal!"