Simple. Interview a few and ask them what tools they use in their real estate business to get things done in today's world.
Why? Well, back in the old days ( just ten years ago) all a good Realtor really needed was was gas in the car, a yellow pad, a lockbox key and the heart and passion to sell real estate. Those days are gone.Everything is done by the speed of lighting ....
New Tools of today's busy Top Producing Realtors:
- Smart Phone- our real estate team carries iPhones
- Does the Realtor Text? In today's real estate market (this is a great tool for helping buyers and sellers. Buyers can even access info on a home by a text code!)
- Wide Angle Lens Camera- especially if you are a listing agent -read more
- Flip Video Camera-has so many amazing uses
- Laptop to carry from place to place
- Thumb Drives -used for virtual tours, photo's and forms
- High Speed Printer, Scanner and Copier
- Color Printer
- Home Office for immediate access to what is needed
- DocuSign-this is the ability to have buyers and sellers sign forms digitally
- Marketing Plans- ask them to show you what they will do when they list your home.
- Systems. Our team uses a contact manager system to keep everything organized
- Desktop to act as a server at home
- SupraKeysto access homes in Stafford, Fredricksburg
- Sentrikeys to access homes in Prince William and Fairfax County
- Facebook page and Erick and Company has it's own fan page
- Active Rain membership
- Does the Realtor use video? Erick and Company has a YouTube.com video library
- Picasa Photo Album- This is where I showcase homes I've listed and visited View It Now
- Google the Realtor's you are interviewing. Do you like what you see? Chances are buyers will as well.
- Do they have a Local Real Estate Blog. Check out mine: LakeRidgeVARealEstateNews.com
- A Website ErickandCompany.com a place to find local information and service providers, as well as MLS Listings,and information about Erick and Peg.
So here's a TFP: Tip From Peg
Home Buyers- When it's time to select a Realtor to help you find the home of your dreams, ask them how they work. Are they able to respond to your questions via text? Can they send you a photo in a few minutes a home that has none? What if you are at work, can they send you information by email so that you can respond the way you work?
Home Owners:When it is time to sell, make sure to ask questions, interview a few Realtors and ask how they work? Are they old school or new? "Will the Realtors just place a sign in the yard, a lockbox on the door and pray it will sell?" Fair Warning, if you want top $ for your home, make sure you hire a real estate professional who has the ability to broadcast the information that your home is for sale to capture the most potential buyers as possible.
Do you have questions? Call me 703-851-3085 or contact me by email
Contact Peggy James or Erick Blackwelder of Erick and Company - Exit 1st Choice Realty,14029 Crossing Place, Woodbridge VA. 22192. Realtors®, call 703-851-3085 (Peggy) or 703-590-2252 (Office) to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Lake Ridge, Westridge, Old Bridge Estates, River Falls, Middle County, Manassas, Montclair, Dumfries, Occoquan, Dale City, Gainesville area's
" You would want to hire me as your REALTOR®, if you're looking for a high energy, positive, take charge,knowledgeable person that is passionate about helping you get what you want! "
That's me! I'm easy going, and prefer to communicate by email, text and I use the latest technology to not only to stay in touch with you, but to market homes for sale as well and to negotiate.
Check out the newest listings For Sale right now in our area. Click on the box below!
The area's I service in Virginia are Lake Ridge, Woodbridge, Manassas. If you live outside these area's let's talk. If you have found my information helpful and you like what you see, chances are if I cannot help you, I know another REALTOR® who can.
Tip: when reading any blog post, pay close attention to the date post was written as homes sell quickly. Call author for up to date information.
Do you need help? Have a question? Contact me now
Note: This real estate blog is written by me Peggy James and it is is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion of Exit Choice Realty 14067 Crown Ct, Woodbridge Virginia 22193.
I have been blogging since 2008 and I am a full time REALTOR® .