I found this interesting post written by Ken Cook a loan officer in Georgia. It addresses what to do when you find a home you would like to buy here in the Prince William County VA area that needs repair to bring it up to the house you would have been dreaming of. Read more about this awesome loan called he FHA 203K.
Some additional advantages of the program:
- Finance up to 6 months mortgage payments (PITI)
- Eligible for Energy Efficient Mortgage
- An FHA assumable mortgage
- Standard FHA Down payment Programs Apply
- Can be used for Purchase or Refinance
- All rehabilitation work is completed after loan closing
Westar Mortgage here in Lake Ridge, Virginia handles FHA 203K loans. If you would like to learn more about what how we can help you find your new home and use this program call us today at 703-590-2252.
So you or your client have found a home in a great area in the client's price range. Only one problem: it's in bad shape. The HVAC system is 50 years old, the roof is 40 years old and the windows may as well not even be closed. Plus the kitchen has vinyl floors in 3 different patterns and the counters are all laminate with burns and holes and scars.
Not to fear! Meet the FHA 203K Streamlined renovation loan.
Eligible Improvements Virtually any kind of improvement is eligible provided it becomes a permanent part of the real property and adds value.
- Additions to the structure
- Kitchen or bath remodels
- Finished basement or attic
- Patios, decks or terraces
- Roofing and landscaping
- Safety, energy efficiency and electrical upgrades
- Handicapped accessibility improvements
Luxuryitems are not eligible
- Swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, gazebos, barbecue pits, saunas or alterations to support commercial useThe maximum loan amount must be within the FHA loan amount maximum for the MSA where the home is located and must include the purchase price and the renovation amount. The maximum renovation amount is $35,000 and the minimum is $5,000. Under $5,000 we can do with an escrow of repair funds. A minimum of 10% contingency reserve is required and must also fit into the FHA loan maximums for the area where the property is located. (Any balance remaining on the contingency will be applied to the principal balance and may not be used for additional repairs.)Yes, it takes a little longer to close an FHA203k Streamline loan than it does to close a standard FHA loan. If you are an agent and you are concerned about that extra couple of weeks just think of it this way: You may make a sale you would not have otherwise made. You may help a buyer get into a home in the area where they wanted to live instead of where they "had" to live. You can be a real hero for someone.If you are in Georgia I can help you with the necessary paperwork and give you a short class in how to use the FHA 203K Streamline Rehab loan to purchase, sell or represent homes in today's economy. Never hesitate to call me at any time and I'll be happy to answer your questions.
Ken Cook - Georgia - FHA, USDA, VA and Conventional Home Loans (678) 439-8683
" You would want to hire me as your REALTOR®, if you're looking for a high energy, positive, take charge,knowledgeable person that is passionate about helping you get what you want! "
That's me! I'm easy going, and prefer to communicate by email, text and I use the latest technology to not only to stay in touch with you, but to market homes for sale as well and to negotiate.Still not sure I'm the right local professional for you? Check out my LakeRidgeVARealEstateNews blog or head on over to my LakeRidgeVAHomesForSale.com website to learn how I have others just like you sell or buy a home in the local area.
Read Success Stories Here
To search for home currently Active Sale right now Start Here
The area's I service in Virginia are Lake Ridge, Woodbridge, Manassas. If you live outside these area's let's talk. If you have found my information helpful and you like what you see, chances are if I cannot help you, I know another REALTOR® who can.
Tip: when reading any blog post, pay close attention to the date post was written as homes sell quickly. Call author for up to date information.
Do you need help? Have a question? Contact me now
Note: This real estate blog is written by me Peggy James and it is is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion of Exit Choice Realty 14067 Crown Ct, Woodbridge Virginia 22193.
I have been blogging since 2008 and I am a full time REALTOR® .