A gentleman contacted me about listing their home for sale here in the Lake Ridge Virginia area. He stated there was a very good chance of him being transferred in the very near future and he wants to be prepared.
We set an appointment and I went over to see the couple.
When I asked how they found me the wife said "I saw a home you sold on Facebook and well that lead me to your website." Her husband spoke up and said, I decided to call you, because I liked your name. Looking puzzled I said my name Peggy James. He said no "EXIT". I like it because we need to exit fast and well, that was the name of your company.
I explained to him, he was one of the first people I've met that understood the name of EXIT REALTY and what it meant. It means safe passage.
Think about it, when there is an emergency and you need to exit a building you look for the nearest EXIT Sign. Correct?
The listing interview went on. The homeowners asked some awesome questions.
- He wanted to know how many homes I've sold in 2013. I said off the top of my head 22.
- He then said, what about in 2012. I said about the same maybe a few more.
- He asked what kind of $ Volume do you do. I explained it varies but average is 6 Million
- He said ok, what what was you average percentage of List Price versus Contract Price. Very few people have ever asked this question. But it's a good one. I'm glad I knew right off the top of my head and actually had proof on my iPad. My average is 97% of list.
- He wanted to know what was the highest priced home I listed in 2013. "I was proud to share with him $1.4 Million Dollars and I sold it in 20 days.His eyes got really big. "
- He asked about getting out of the listing. What if the transfer didn't come through. My answer was you would be signing a listing agreement not a contract. It is cancel able at anytime as long as you do it in writing.
- Overall the appointment went well and with a few minor changes...their home will do great on the market.
I don't know if they are going to list with me just yet, as they planned on interviewing other agents. But one thing I really liked about this caller was. He did his homework. The good news was they were getting all their ducks in a row so that if and when the time comes they will be ready to make one call and get the home on the market.
I look forward to hearing from them. They had a lovely home in a great section in Lake Ridge Virginia that would be appealing to first time buyers!
" You would want to hire me as your REALTOR®, if you're looking for a high energy, positive, take charge,knowledgeable person that is passionate about helping you get what you want! "
That's me! I'm easy going, and prefer to communicate by email, text and I use the latest technology to not only to stay in touch with you, but to market homes for sale as well and to negotiate.
Check out the newest listings For Sale right now in our area. Click on the box below!
The area's I service in Virginia are Lake Ridge, Woodbridge, Manassas. If you live outside these area's let's talk. If you have found my information helpful and you like what you see, chances are if I cannot help you, I know another REALTOR® who can.
Tip: when reading any blog post, pay close attention to the date post was written as homes sell quickly. Call author for up to date information.
Do you need help? Have a question? Contact me now
Note: This real estate blog is written by me Peggy James and it is is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion of Exit Choice Realty 14067 Crown Ct, Woodbridge Virginia 22193.
I have been blogging since 2008 and I am a full time REALTOR® .